Gear Magazine article "100 Coolest People of the Year"
Veteran NYC DJ babyblu, pioneer of the "mash-up" sound,
created his genre-bending style over the past ten years
playing in nearly all of Manhattan's hotspots and nightclubs.
He has performed with Wyclef Jean, Moby,
2manydj's, Dirty Vegas, Tiga, Swayzak. Spooky,
Ladytron, Zero 7, Miss Kitten, and Groove Collective. He has created
original music for TV, film, and fashion shows in London, Barcelona, and
New York. He has been featured on Liquid Todd's Solid State radio show on
K-ROCK. Guests at his exclusive parties have included Prince, David
Bowie, Britney Spears, Puffy and Jay -Z. He also hosted and dj'ed the
SPIN parties at the Soho Grand, which featured weekly guest dj's from the
fashion world including the editors of Black Book, W, JANE, Allure, Nylon,
While many dj's have moved towards playing CD's, bootlegs, and even
laptops, babyblu's ability to instantly remix songs live using only two
records remains unrivaled and is truly astounding to watch.
Here are a few highlights of his dj career.
Current dj residencies include:
- After -party for Estaban Cordozar's Spring Show in Bryant Park
Milieu, September 9th, 2004.
- Spring 2005 fashion shows at Bryant Park. Original music produced for
Monique Lhullier and Milly.
- Fall 2004 fashion shows at Bryant Park. Original music produced for
Monique Lhullier and Milly.
- New Year's Eve 2003/4 main ballroom Capitale Night Club.
- Thalia's televised fashion show at Capitale night club -
Wednesday, August 13th 2003
- Paulina Rio's Circuit fashion event, Museum of Contemporary Art,
Barcelona - September 7 2002
- Lara Bohinc 107 shop opening party, Hoxton Square, London - September 5 2002
- Tribeca ball, benefit for the New York Academy of art,
attendees: David Bowie and Iman, Debbie Harry,
Patricia Fields and Moby.
- new year's eve 2002 at the Tribeca Grand hotel
with dj's Paul Sevigny and Carol C.
- guest dj on Liquid Todd's Solid State mixshow
on 92.3 K-Rock - June 16th 2001
- original music production for fashion shows,
tv commercials(McDonald's, Volvo)
and dj studio work on the song "Supergirl"
featured in the Disney movie "the Princess Diaries"
- Black Book's Automatic Fashion event at Remote club - October 2001
- Groove Collective's 4th record release party at the Bowery
Ballroom - winter '99
- Elite model agency's finals for new models, hosted by
Roshumba at the Supper Club - summer '99
- Damien Loeb's after party for his first Mary Boone show
at Bowery Bar - summer '99
- Lincoln Center's "Night of the Dancers" ballet benefit - summer '99
- ANGELROX fashion shows at Club Exit and Lot 61
- SPIN party at the Soho Grand with guest dj's:
Marvin, editor of Nylon
Emil Wilkebin, editor of Vibe
Anuj Desai, editor of Black Book
Paul Cavaco of Allure
Cayli Cavaco of Seventeen
Joe Zee, fashion director of W
Horacio Silva and Ben Widdicombe of hintmag.com
The Brooklyneer NYC
To find out
where he's currently playing, please, see his schedule
Are you starting to dj or
will you be a dj sometime soon?
for some ideas from babyblu.
Call babyblu at 347-223-3222 or send e-mail to email@example.com
Find babyblu on facebook at DJ-Baby Blu
or follow him on instagram at @dj_babyblu